Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The RIVER

This stream flows pass my farm house and magnificent Catappa tree. Still unaffected by the modern development, we sometimes play in the river, picnic and BBQ. Its a lovely spot. Its not deep just knee-deep. I usually just seat at the river floor and enjoy the cool water flowing around me.

By the river bank, its a perfect place for camping and picnic and having a lot of fun exploring the jungle. On the right side of the river bank is my father pepper farm, rubber farm, banana farm and orchards. When I was a little kid, I used to catch a lot fish and some small prawn in this river, but as the time goes by,  the fishes are not longer as big and many as they used to be 10 - 20 years ago. Nevertheless, having fun is top priority. In the old days, my dad and me used to  go hunting in the night and cathed a lot of frogs. Frogs are very nice delicacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment