Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Magnificent "Duuh Tree" at Krung

This white tree are known as "Duuh" by the local is located at my farm (Krung). The scientific name is Terminalia Catappa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminalia_catappa .This tree is estimated about 300 - 400 years. In fact, this tree located at my farm is the lowest "duuh" of its kind in the Padawan/Penrissen. this feature make its more unique as normally this type of tree can grow up to 50 - 60 meters high. It give natural shades to my garden. The tree itself grew by the river bank which my family and some local having BBQ and bath in the cold stream.

 Based on my dad stories, my granddad use to meditate at the base of this magnificent tree. In our culture and customs, it is prohibited to use this tree for any kind of construction especially house construction as this tree are considered as sacred. Therefore this tree save from being cut down.  




Some time ago, some individual offered to buy the tree and the land under it for few thousand. my dad answered them, " Its not I don't want to sell you this land but I cannot, because this land is not belong to me, it is belong to my childrens and their childrens' childrens".Under the tree, there a big compound by the river bank, which I plans to turn into recreational park with camping facilities with no or minimal impact to the surrounding area. About 15 minutes from the tree base, there is a waterfall which also located in my father's land. the trip to the waterfall will go through the jungle which will promised anyone with cold fresh air and the sound of birds.

1 comment: